Dammit, Dammit, Dammit

10:53 AM

Hello from a girlsss nighttttt (I think my sister would punch me if she knew I was starting the blog like this...good thing Mom is in the middle. Some things never change :) )

Ok, ok but really- where do I begin?! As I logged in to update the blog just now I noticed the blog has been viewed 16,200 times. It really takes your breath away looking at that number knowing just how many lives Mom has touched over the years and how many people are following and supporting her on this journey. We certainly have felt everyone's presence this past week whether it be from the text's, calls, Facebook comments/messages, flowers, etc..Even if you have not gotten a response (I am so behind on my replies), your love and support is so very appreciated and has not gone unnoticed. Every time flowers or something comes for Mom, she has me get out the thank you cards and she narrates her thank yous as I write down every word. I love her, she has the best heart. 

Speaking of heart, it has been so touching to see so many people posting the picture below in support for Mom. It is amazing how you can see one picture or symbol and the meaning behind it says SO much, without saying anything at all. This picture is so her- colorful and full of love!



We have spent the last week enjoying every second of each other's company. Mom's brothers Ross and Rex were in town and it was so great to catch up with them all week. We haven't all been together in years so it was a good little reunion. Looking forward to spending more time with them this coming week!

This "journey" has been a tough one to process, not only for Mom, Kristen, and I-but for everyone that has crossed paths with Mom. This truly still feels like a dream. I will say that Mom has been doing great, her appetite is good, she is still moving around just fine, and even takes part in some early morning Words With Friends (scrabble on your phone). While it has been nice to visit with close friends and family, it truly is exhausting for her. The tables have turned a little and I have admittedly become the over protective mom guarding the door. I truly hope you all know that Mom loves you all so much, so when visits are not a good idea please be understanding that it is in her best interest and not of any hard feelings. In the end, it is all about her :)

Now for something fun, a little challenge for those of you that live in Phoenix. Have you ever heard of a "Dammit Doll"? I had not, but Mom's friend's Sharon and Judi got one for Mom. This Dammit Doll is up at the top of Telegraph Pass (South Mountain) in a stone house with a note that talks a little about Mom. Per Sharon and Judi- "whack the shit out of the doll" to get your frustration and such out. Sharon left her number for people to send selfies with the doll and it has been so fun to see all of the people (most that are strangers to us) sending their love and support! Any future selfies can be sent to MamaLou5321@gmail.com Mom has been getting a kick out of it.
Many of the Mama Lou supporters!
I wrote everything above a few days ago and haven't gotten around to finishing the post, honestly because you realize how important it is to disconnect for a little bit. We become so connected to our phones, email, Facebook, etc. that you miss out on what is right in front of you. For those of you that don't know, I am 35 weeks pregnant! Our sweet baby James has become quite active and the little kicks I have been used to feeling have turned into these big alien movements. Two days ago he was moving around like crazy so I put Mom's hand on my belly. To watch her eyes go from a little sleepy (it was just about nap time for everyone) to wide, big and bright was amazing. There are no words to describe the feelings and emotions. It is little moments like this that mean the most and only happen when you take a little step away. Wishing you all a great few days ahead, we hope you can take some time to un plug and enjoy the little moments.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Much love to your Mom and to you girls. Continued prayers to you all. Thank you for the update. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hear all the little things that are happening and that you are taking such wonderful care of mom and yourselves helps us all through the day. We are respecting your precious time together but know in our hearts we are standing behind you holding you strong. Love hearing of your baby boy is active and participating in your conversations , things like this will be memories for life! No one person can say enough of what we see in you girls for your mom, I only hope my children will be the same. Stay strong and see you soon��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louann is so incredibly loved and it is beautiful to see how many lives she has touched! Her home is adorned with beautiful floral arrangements, cards are read to her as they arrive and food made from the heart with her requests in mind fill the fridge. Thank you to all of you who have sent flowers, cards, food, edible arrangements, and chocolate covered strawberries as they seem to be a favorite snack! Shelley you have been an amazing silent backbone to keeping things at bay, and I'd llike thank Mo, Judi, Janet and Kim as each of you have your own special gifts! Layne and Kristen, I love you girls so much for loving your Momma Lou so selflessly...XOXO Sharona

    ReplyDelete
  4. LouAnn has handled every challenge in life with courage, dignity, and strength. I have so much respect for LouAnn and wish her and her precious family much peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louann is truly an inspiration. I speak for many when I say she is one in a million. Layne, thank you so much for keeping us abreast. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louann is truly an inspiration. I speak for many when I say she is one in a million. Layne, thank you so much for keeping us abreast. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I met you Mama Lou on your last trip, I'm Patti Salazar 46033 also a Thrid Stage Lobular Breast cancer survivor, and pardon my scream! I FUCKING HATE CANCER! My mother lost her battle 3 months prior to my diagnosis.... Although we met for just a few minutes I must say I've learned so much about you since your final battle. I too am a huge Denver Bronco fan since 1984, wow and you my dear were a gorgeous cheerleader for our Ponies! What an amazing, fabulous, fulfilling lifetime you've lived! Not to mention your 2 amazing daughters you have raised, I too have 2 amazing daughters... God gave me FUCKING CANCER for a reason, and one of the reasons is that I've have met you.... Thank you Mama Lou for once again showing me how to always stop and watch a sunset, smell the flowers and hug and love the loves in your life... Forever grateful for the 5 minutes we met... May God give you and your family peace and comfort....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The river that runs in you, LouAnn, runs in Kristen and Layne, and now Baby James. All of your desires and wishes and plans will be carried on with the intensity of Love you have given and through your gift, have taught your girls. Precious is the passing on of Love and Life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we love you girls and we love baby james already. Your in our thoughts constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again, just want to thank everyone for the continued cards, flowers, messages, prayers and overall LOVE! This outpouring of support is like one continuous hug and really puts a smile on our dear friend, Louann!
    Bearhugs, Sharona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of all of you, and wishing I still lived in the neighborhood. I loved our time together, LouAnn and I were fast friends, both being flight attendants, neighbors and mostly due to the fact that our kids were the light of our lives and loved to play together. LouAnn you are so vibrant, kind, and brave as well as a whole lot of fun! I miss our talks while the kids played in the yard, I am sure we solved a lot of world problems. You are in my thoughts and prayers my dear friend. Love and hugs to you and your girls. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

.

.

Alexander Gals

Alexander Gals

.

.